Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Master Diver


I first scuba dived in 1971 the old fashion way. I bought a tank and jumped into the ocean and learned as I went. It was the Mel Fisher Treasure Hunting Era all along US 1 in the Florida Keys from the 20 mile marker south. In 1974 I sat down and took all of the classes and got certified so I could dive the world and see the 2/3's of this earth that is covered by water - or as much possible. Currently, I have logged over 5000 recreational dives and 1500 hours of commercial diving. I also have a slew of coins and stories. I hold a Master Diver’s certificate with additional special dive certifications in caves, wrecks, search and rescue, nitrox, re-breathers, flying the pass, snuba, first aid, underwater navigation, and night diving.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites